There comes a moment in every CS player’s life when you open up Steam, click on the play button, and yet, no game loads. You then notice the pop up informing you that the game is updating. “Oh great” you think, “are they nerfing the awp again? buffing the SMGs?”, it’s always a mystery when the release notes come out after the update is pushed.
That time has come again.
Last night, CS:GO pushed an update that was mostly focused on stemming exploits.
From the miscellaneous category, the most significant update was that an official game server cluster was added in Atlanta. With the game growing, more servers = more better.
In the exciting world of sounds, this patch added new carpet footstep sounds. No more shall you be forced to listen to the sound of wood or brick whilst traversing a nicely carpeted area. On the competitive side, it should help with narrowing down the location of your enemies.
Moving on to maps, both Dust II and Overpass were updated this time around. Overpass was modified to make train events predictable, the first occurring 10 seconds after Ts leave the spawn tunnel. Stacking on that, the trains now have area sound which means that teams will be able to ninja-nade. Changes to the train come on the heels (though not related) of C9 vs Fnatic and some controversy over the outcome of the match.
Sick of your C4 getting stuck in 1 of 30 exotic spots? No more. This update fixes those spots to keep your bomb where it should be.
Full CS:GO Patch notes:
Release Notes for 7/9/2015
[ MISC ]
- Fixed smoke rendering exploits that were possible when running certain video capture applications.
- Fixed rare issues when equipping the same loadout item for both teams.
- Fixed an issue where the list of tournament matches would not refresh.
- Added official game servers cluster in Atlanta.
[ SOUNDS ]
- Added new carpet footstep sounds.
- Tweaked sounds of suits when running to synchronize with footsteps.
[ MAPS ]
- Made first train event predictable, train will start 10 seconds after Ts leave their spawn tunnel
- Implemented area sound for train, can now use sound reliably throughout B site to hide grenade sounds, footsteps etc.
- Fixed a see-through texture near Bombsite A towards upper park
- Fixed 30 exotic spots where C4 could get stuck